 Robotics / 12083
12082  |  12084
Subject:
REPLYTO field.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:59:47 GMT

Is there any way we can make messages coming from this list have the
list's name in the 'ReplyTo' field instead of the author's name.

1) This is the ONLY list out of a dozen that I'm subscribed to that
   works this old-fashioned way...so I'm forever sending replies to
   just one person when I think I'm talking to the list.

2) Lots of people seem to hit 'ReplyAll' to get around that relatively
   easily,    and then the original author gets TWO copies of the reply,
   one from the list and one from the respondant.

Whilst we are about it, how about messages coming from the list starting
with a short string in square brackets to identify it at a glance.  Once
again, this is something that about 80% of the lists I subscribe to are
doing - and it really helps when you are in a hurry and only want to
read threads from a single place.

**PLEASE** ?

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>