 Robotics / 12072
  Motor and Generator

Hi I just coupled two 12V Motors with a electrical cable and if you rotate the axis of the one then the axis of the other motor also rotates. Of course, everybody knows that motors of this type can also be used as generators, but I didn't expect (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Correction: Motor and Generator

(...) Correction: I had 9V Motors, just the ones from the Mindstrom set. Sorry for this mistake. eddy (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motor and Generator

Shh. I told my kids it was magic. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motor and Generator

in article 3992BF3C.617C7D78@mp...nn.mpg.de, Edmund Nussbaum at en@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de wrote on 8/10/00 7:42 AM: (...) I calculated a 97% efficiency with moderate speed (hand-cranked) and no load. Add a load, and of course the efficiency drops pretty (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motor and Generator

I have used two motors connected via cable as part of a limited slip differential in my Honda NSX model (rear wheels). Basically, each wheel has a motor connected to it, and when one wheel turns, the other wheel wants to turn too. But since a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)