 Robotics / 11998
Re: Multiple RCXs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 19:35:31 GMT

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message
news:slrn8og85i.viv.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu...
Robert Denison <rmdenison@hotmail.com> wrote:
2) I have heard something about being abl e to send signals from the PC • such
that I could have a program running on each RCX that is listening for
different signals.

This is probably the one you want. The PC can send the same signals that • the
RCXs send between each other -- the message function. This message can be
between 0 and 255. Make 0-127 be for one robot, 128-255 for the other. Or
something like that.

There is another way. David Leeper wrote  a kind of "robotware" (he has a
name for it!) in his android project. He implemented a more complex protocol
to communicate between RCXs, where each one has it own id. Messages could
have as many bytes as you want. Code and explanation are available in VB at
his site:
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dome/5088/index.htm

Mauro Vianna