 Robotics / 11940
  Re: Autonomous Robot

(...) <snip a really interesting concept> Wow, I would love to see documentation of the process you go through here. Alone you might get discouraged with so complex a task. I got the Mindstorms 1.0 a few months ago but have yet to really fool with (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

Jason, Of course a second brain will help! Everything is in my mind yet and lots of issues are not solved. I hope this post generates interesting discussions on how to solve them. As I said I will test these approachs in a slow pace, most because of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

(...) Would you necessarily have to keep all the brains and map data confined to the RCX? Taking the Visual Basic concept one step further, how about putting the entire intelligence routine on the PC and just using the RCX-based rover as a drone? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

For mapping, you can use an ultrasonic sensor, like the one designed by John Barnes. This can find open areas up to 2 meters/yards away. Storing only object locations is best, IMO, because it uses the least space (there were posts on this before..). (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

What about a more powerful portable computer like the Palm, seat it on the bot and have the bot press buttons when an object or wall is hit, this would then translate to a line on a 2d drawing plain, the bot could press one button for draw(hit) and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

I've done that exactly that. It was almost finished about one year ago. I used a CyberMaster. I lost all the sources when the partitions in my hard disk gone kaput. I'm almost certain I've made a backup in a diskette, but it seems to have gone also, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

"Ian Warfield" <ipw47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FyoKFA.692@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) the (...) as a (...) rover (...) In fact I thought about that. I played with that already. Bert van Dam AI site ((URL) has some great ideas and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Autonomous Robot

"Andy Gombos" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:39888843.D78EFA...hoo.com... (...) John (...) I saw a sensor like that in Michael Gasperi site ((URL) Maybe it's the same one. I am trying to use Lego pieces only. Don't understand me (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics)