 Robotics / 11853
  Collision Avoidance of Train using RCX and Light Sensor

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this to or not. I've been working with my Mindsotrm set of late and have created a program that will control and detect when two lego trains cross at a crosstrack. My program will stop one (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Collision Avoidance of Train using RCX and Light Sensor

Hi, First are you using a ligh sensor or an IR sensor? If it is an IR sensor: First what IR sensor are you using and what is it's range? Are you using a white lego piece on the other side so that it will reflect back nicely (or possibly cut a piece (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Collision Avoidance of Train using RCX and Light Sensor

If you are using the light sensor that is included with the Mindstorms kit, are you isolating the red LED from the light sensor itself? You can get much better sensitivity from the light sensor if you cover up the red LED. Ralph Hempel has some info (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Collision Avoidance of Train using RCX and Light Sensor

Ahui, you should be able to get this to work. I have done this for a distance of 10 dots. Look at (URL) follow the link to "Ferris Wheel" at the bottom, and go to the 5th picture "Bar Closed". Look at the double chair seat with the white and red (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)

I would use a touch seser "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Fxx5w8.DqD@lugnet.com... (...) My (...) light (...) cicuirut (...) anyone out (...) I (...) the (...) detection (...) light (...) get (...) is (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics)