 Robotics / 11821
Re: Submarine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:25:25 GMT

Flying lego planes.. now there's an idea!! Lets see.. It would
have to be big!, and consist mainly of a light technix frame.
You would need to use some lego panels attached to the
wing frame structure for lift. It would definitely be challenging!
It couldn't be remote controlled because that would require
something other than legos. You could use the RCX housed
internally to control two motors, geared down, one for each elevator.
You could use two rotation sensors to detect roll and pitch, and
then write a simple RCX program to re-level the plane based
on this information. Oh, I forgot about the propeller. This would
require a third lego motor geared way up (fast) and attached to
a propeller. Hmmm.. I don't think its going to be possible
with just legos. Motor wouldn't be fast/powerful enough.

It would probably be a big mess when it crashed anyway..

Good idea though! How about a real lego rocket! I don't suppose
that lego makes lego-rocket-fuel, do they?

Rama