 Robotics / 11721
Re: Electrical RCX jack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 21:17:32 GMT

Duncan Gauld schreef:

I hope this is not a stupid question (I know it sounds basic), but I have
seen some pictures of RCXs
and they all have an elecrical plug jack at the back. Mine does not. Is this
because I am in the UK and the current is 240volt? [And the US is 110volt?]
I have an RCX 1.0 and the
RIS 1.5. Is there a special reason for there not being one?

The first batch of RCX units (the V1.0, which came in set 9719) had a 9V AC
jack. The second batch (currently sold, in set 9747) doesn't have the AC
jack. Other things that changed were the software, the books and I believe
the firmware as well. Also there are some different parts in the 9719 vs
the 9747. LEGO even released a v1.0 -> v1.5 upgrade kit with new software
and the new parts.

IMHO the best to get is the V1.0 set (the 9719) and the V1.5 upgrade. That
way you have the AC jack, the best software and the most parts.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com