 Robotics / 11475
Re: XCAM confusion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 05:39:11 GMT

Chris Osborn wrote:

On May. 11 00, 11:54 PDT, "Urbanski Paul-W15470"
<Paul.Urbanski@motorola.com> wrote:

Are you sure the original XCAM doesn't need to be attached to
anything? When I called to order one, they told me that for the
original XCAM to work it had to stay attached to the RF transmitter
unit (which is about the size of your hand).

Yes, I'm sure, I have one.

The camera has a standard RCA mail connector on the back of it,
and puts out a standard NTSC signal. The connector is right on the
back, no cable coming off of it at all. I just got a 6 foot RCA
male to RCA female cable, and plugged that into the camera and into
my video capture card.

To follow up on Chris' accurate explanation it works exactly the same way
as the Xcam2. The Xcam2 just has 20 feet of cable and a crappy mic.

The BEST remote model would be the all in one unit. I have one of all the
models and find the latter is the easiest to set up on a bot.

Beware however that the quality on ALL their cams is poor. No matter what
they say. They hate low light and are for the most part blurry.

All the same, it's the cheapest way to get a eye on your bot.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html