 Robotics / 11431
  Ignore my last email it was a precaution

Please ignore the last email concerning a virus warning it was a precautionary measure following an email I received with 'I LOVE YOU' in the subject field. The attachment it contained does the following Virus Warning : If opened , the virus will (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

That's the "I Love You" "virus"/worm/whatever. [snip] rem barok -loveletter(vbe) <i hate go to school> rem by: spyder / ispyder@mail.com / @GRAMMERSoft Group / = Manila,Philippines [snip] Check out a bunch of stories on www.SecurityFocus.com (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

(...) I love it that I access the 'net with a Macintosh. IMO, YMMV ;-) DLC (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

(...) Heh, heh, heh...Why use anything less? Too many viruses floating around made the choice easy for me. Graphics and educational resources also spurred my decision, but that gap is closing fast. Got a life? Get a Mac. (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

(...) What makes it neat is that Dave has MacNQC. Its not quite as rich of a IDE as RCXCC, but it's got most of RCXCC's functionality - best of all, I can run it on my 400MHz G4 Mac by using the Keyspan dual USB to serial converter. Now if the guy (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

(...) This is a simple "trust the mail reader to click on the script to run it" type of virus. Why someone would run, in this case, a VBS file without looking at it first is a little strange to me. I think that a MAC has scripting languages also (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

I use a Linuxbox to get rid of viruses before they reach my Windoze systems ;) /Henrik ----- Original Message ----- From: "DonC" <donc@cccd.edu> To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 12:48 AM Subject: Re: Ignore my last email it (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution

I have designed a High-Tech Low-Power RCX input expander. It uses only the power designed for use with the light sensor. It allows 6 switches to be used in one RCX input port. It is designed to use about 5ma from the RCX and no external power. A (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)