 Robotics / 11431
11430  |  11432
Subject:
Ignore my last email it was a precaution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 12:57:23 GMT

Please ignore the last email concerning a virus warning it was a
precautionary measure following an email I received with 'I LOVE YOU' in
the subject field. The attachment it contained does the following

Virus Warning :

If opened , the virus will create the following files :

c:\windows\temp\MSKernel32.vbs
c:\windows\win32dll.vbs

DO NOT OPEN THESE FILES, The safest way to delete them is to do it
through MS-DOS
---------

Also, Files on your PC With the following Extentions ;

"js" "jse" "css" "wsh" "sct" "hta" "jpg" "jpeg" "mp3" "mp2"
will unfortunatly be lost, and re-named with the VBS Extention.
These files also need to be deleted.

If anyone has opened the attachment, it also renames the internet
explorer
home page to a dodgy site.  To Change it back, run regedit and change
the "Start Page"
option from within the :

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main" Key.

There will also be a "LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.HTM" in your windows system
directory.
This can be deleted.

Take care, it's still out there!!!!