 Robotics / 11439
Re: Ignore my last email it was a precaution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 22:48:27 GMT

"Dave Johann" <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote:

Heh, heh, heh...Why use anything less? Too many viruses floating around made the
choice easy for me. Graphics and educational resources also spurred my decision,
but that gap is closing fast.

Got a life? Get a Mac.

This is a simple "trust the mail reader to click on the script to run
it" type of virus.  Why someone would run, in this case, a VBS file
without looking at it first is a little strange to me. I think that a
MAC has scripting languages also and, if the user ran the script,
would be just as messed up. I am not putting MAC's down in any way. It
is the user that is getting him/herself into trouble.

Users need to be more careful on what they get from the NET and what
they do with them. Many companies have policies about running stuff
from e-mail. Guess that a lot of people will actually read the
procedure now, <G>
---
    DonC
    donc@cccd.edu