 Robotics / 11370
    Re: Duplex Comms with RCX —Dave Baum
   (...) I just haven't found a non-intrusive method for keeping the tower alive. I hate transmitting garbage every few seconds and possibly trampling incoming data. I'm also not sure this is a very good long-term solution. Really a general purpose (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Duplex Comms with RCX —Matthew Miller
     (...) Fair enough. It's too bad it doesn't have an always-on mode. (...) Definitely agreed. I'll be patient. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Duplex Comms with RCX —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) It seems to me that, given the current hardware, the choices are: send junk or let the tower go dead. My thinking is that if you send junk and trample something, so be it; the tower would have gone dead anyways, forcing you to lose whatever it (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Duplex Comms with RCX —Matthew Miller
     (...) I actually prefer the "junk" solution to a hardware hack. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: Duplex Comms with RCX —Chris Phillips
   (...) I have given this some thought in the past, although I haven't had the (significant!) time that it would take to try this out. I think the best hope for any kind of two-way communication protocol between the PC and one or more RCXes is to use (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)