 Robotics / 11190
Re: Different Sensors Available...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:47:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Keep reading young Jedi.

LEGO Mindstorms has 4 "official" sensors:

         Light
         Touch
         Temperature
         Angle (rotation)

These can be purchased thru LEGO Shop at Home and/or Pitsco LEGO Dacta.

You can search the Dacta web site at:

         http://www.pitsco-legodacta.com/html/lego_dacta.html

for prices and you can call LEGO for prices and availability.

There are also home brew sensors afoot as well.  Do a web search for these
and you'll find many pages of wonderful info.

Note that thru Dacta, there are more (and expensive) sensors available
through a third-party sensor company.

The RCX has only 3 sensor input ports.  When you start surfing the web
pages on home-brew sensors, you'll find some clever designs on how to hook
up more than three sensors at one time.  Also note that you are not really
limited to the number of RCX's you can play with at one time.  After
reading Dave Baum's most excellent "Definitive Guide to LEGO Mindstorms"
book [appropriate (R)s and (tm)s where necessary] I went out and purchased
a second set just so I can build robots with two RCX's.  Very cool stuff.