 Robotics / 11189
Re: Dual IRPD sensor available.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:56:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Pete Sevcik <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Techno-stuff is now offering a Dual Infra-Red Proximity Detector.  This
is a completly assembled and tested sensor, pagkaged in a standard 2x4
bump brick.  It is similar to the design developed by Dennis Clark, the
main difference is in the packaging.  It is programmed as a light
sensor, with four possible values returned.  This device is well suited
for building simple collision avoiding robots.

Pictures and more information can be found at:
http://home.flash.net/~sevcik/D-IRPD.htm

I want to spend some words about Pete's IRPD sensors:

- I received 18 of them just some days ago. Well, they're not all for myself
:-) I supplied the whole ItLUG community. The sensors are absolutely well
done, look very professional and work perfectly as expected. Everyone who
bought them was definitely happy.

- I originally ordered only 9 of them, but due to some problems and delays
with the Italian customs Pete and I thought they had got lost. Pete runs his
business very correctly and promptly offered to ship a second lot of 9, and
so he did. In the meanwhile the first lot arrived, so I happened to get the
number I asked for doubled  (and obviously paid the second lot too). But
when showing them at the Italian Legofest IV they all got sold in a few
minutes!

All that said, be absolutely confident in buying Pete's sensor, you won't
have any bad surprise.

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22