 Robotics / 11170
Re: Compass sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 21:19:05 GMT

Simon Bogaert wrote in message <000501bf9b55$18735400$45ce0ac2@sibo>...
PS: Is there anybody out there that has built a gyroscopic sensor, because,
the compass sensor needs to be perfectly horizontal, and i need a qyro
sensor to make it do so.

Check out Precision Navigation http://www.precisionnav.com/  They make the
Vector 2X digital compass.  They have a single plane version, a multiaxis
gimballed version as well as the $$$ non-mechanical tilt compensated model.
I've been thinking about using a BasicX to interrogate a Vector 2X and drive
a Polaroid 6500 sonar range finder for navigation.

-Rob.