 Robotics / 11160
RE: I'm Falling Apart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 23:45:05 GMT

Does anyone have an idea for keeping the lego pieces together without
glueing them for good? Some of my designs fall apart where there are
only a few "holes and stems" holding them together. Thanks.

It just takes practice, and maybe a few more Lego pieces. Look at where it's
falling apart, and why. See if you can build it different so that there's no
joint at a critical spot, or find a way that the forces are transmitted so that
the joints are being compressed, not pulled apart. If there are pulling forces,
use Technic beams and pegs. You might have to tear down everything, and start
all over. I've done that many times, and never used glue. Yet, my models don't
come apart.

Tilman