 Robotics / 1113
Fw: Bumper Ideas Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:38:46 GMT

I think I have an idea (rough) that would allow 360 and give directional. It
may ramble a bit, but I'll try to keep it brief.
<ramble>
Use whatever lego bit's you like to fully encircle the bot and have it on
some sort of fulcrum-like apparatus, so that on impact, the whole circle
moves like a pendulum.
Either at the top or bottom, the 'see-saw' action drives a gear that drives
something to depress the touch sensor _and_ allow for other 'outputs' such
as transmission reversal, or another sensor activation, or whatever.
</ramble>
I could provide a rough sketch offline, or ramble more if anyone likes the
basic idea and wants to collaborate further.
trowt
-----Original Message-----
From: Haines, Corey <Corey_Haines@cmvc.com>
To: Lego-Robotics <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 12:30 PM
Subject: RE: Bumper Ideas Needed

One idea I was having was something like a ring that could shrink and
grow, sort of like have four sections, two of which can slide into the
other two, then, no matter what part you press on now, the whole ring
compresses into a smaller diameter. You could then attach a single
sensor somewhere along the ring, whenever and wherever there is a bump,
the ring would compress, the touch sensor would trigger. Of course, this
wouldn't give any direction information, but it would nonetheless need
only one sensor.

-Corey