 Robotics / 1134
Re: Fw: Bumper Ideas Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 21:22:41 GMT

If you use a rubber band to supply the "downward" force instead of gravity,
you get a much more flexible device.

Laurentino Martins wrote in message
<4.1.19981204185740.00a059e0@195.61.90.220>...
The idea of the pendulum if great, and it's even easier that you imagined • it.
Imagine the pendulum is an inverted cone, much like the things they use in
the buildings to see if they are straight (I don't know the name in English,
sorry).
If you put the touch sensor directly below it, pressed against the cone,
then when something moves the cone, it will move away and the sensor will
un-press.
After some movement, the pendulum would return to it's place pressing the • sensor again.

Although I think this is one idea, I doubt a bit of the usefulness of it... • maybe for detecting earthquakes, who knows? :-)

Sorry the bad English

Laurentino Martins