 Robotics / 111
Re: Mindstorm and Mac through Virtual PC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 01:13:28 GMT

Well, I've got a Mac, and ordered Robolab from Pitsco last week. Hasn't
arrived yet though. I'm looking forward to using an interface other than the
in-box CD-ROM one on a friend's PC. I have never used Robolab, but it was only $25.

Pitsco they said they were all out of the necces. cable -- for the next few
weeks at least. I wonder if there's really anything special about their cable.
In my MacWarehouse catalog I see a Dim8M to DB9M cable for $10 that sure looks
like it'd do the trick...

I'd be happy to let you know how it goes, Rob.

I REALLY wish there were a MicroWorlds/Logo interface. :-(
That would appeal to me (a non-programmer), having already worked with MW for
Mac. Anyone know if there's any work going on in that direction? that is, a
graphical interface with the robot as the "turtle," also Logo command line
entry, and visual simulation...mmm... or, is Robolab as good or better?

-Suz.

Matthew Miller wrote:

Rob Visscher <ffrob@knoware.nl> wrote:
Has anyone tried to use Mindstorm in combination with Virtual PC or Real PC?
Since there is no Mac-version I am interested in this combination.

People have tried it, but apparently there's an issue with the serial port,
and it doesn't work.

You'll have to use either Robolab or NQC -- hardly a loss, really.