 Robotics / 122
Re: Mindstorm and Mac through Virtual PC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:58:57 GMT

Rob Visscher <ffrob@knoware.nl> wrote:
Since i’m on the other side of the atlantic (Netherlands) i’ve never seen the
mindstorm software. What’s the real difference between the Mindstorm software
and Robolab?

A lot. Robolab uses LabView, a very popular graphical programming
interface. I heard somewhere that one of the new global satellite networks
was programmed using it. It's very full featured and you should be able to
use it to do anything the RCX firmware is capable of doing.

The RIS/GUI software, on the other hand, was created for Lego and aimed at
children. It's fairly good, although somewhat more confusing than necessary
at some points. And it's not very powerful -- no way to do variables, or
nested loops.

About the serial port problem, did they try with Virtual PC 2.0?. I had a
problem with earlier versions when i wanted to use telebanking, which is only
available for DOS or Windows.. With 2.0 that works perfect!

This I don't know.