 Robotics / 11049
Re: Exploration Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:51:26 GMT

Andy --

I remember Loughborough being quite a decent university for engineering (maybe
it still is, but I've been out of the UK for a while). Read your Web page with
some interest.  Noticed however, that the nav system appears to be a combination
of magnetic field and odometry

a. Mars has no magnetic field (I'm sure lots of clever sods have pointed this
out to you already) and
b. odometry is appallingly unreliable on rough terrain.

Still, I'ms sure it will be lots of fun.

Cheers

JP