 Robotics / 10966
RE: Xcam2
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:24:10 GMT

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Rob Doucette
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 3:34 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Xcam2

I've read all of the past threads on the X10 camera products for use with
LEGO bots.  Some questions for folks who have the Xcam2 and used it
wireless:

1.  Is there a directionality issue with the 2.4GHz transmitter, does the
picture flicker when the bot/transmitter is rotating position relative to
the receiver?

2.  Can 1 or 2 LEGO battery boxes be used to power the camera/transmitter, I
assume this is a yes from the X10 battery box specs?

3.  How much does the camera/transmitter weigh, and what is the relative
center of gravity, low, high, mid?

4.  What is the relative light sensitivity, does it need to be in a well lit
room?

5.  How well does the autofocus work on close objects < 1 foot?

6.  Does anyone have any better alternatives for wireless, color video?

Thanks for the info,

-Rob Doucette.