 Robotics / 10967
Re: Universal joint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:46:26 GMT

in article 38C503C4.7FD@nidlink.com, John A. Hern Jr at
lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote on 3/7/00 5:27 AM:

Does Lego make a universal joint for the technic axle?  If so, where can
one get it?  Any part number by chance?

John

Yes, there's a Lego universal joint.  It's my favorite part.  Very handy for
robot legs.

There's a picture in the Technic Element Registry - click here:

http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/connect/conn_6.html

I have no idea which current sets have this piece.  All of mine came from
really old (1978) Technic sets like the Car Chassis and the Go Kart.  See
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/index/index.html for pictures.

Such a fabulous part should still be in production somewhere.  Surely.  I'm
certain of it.  The universe cannot be so cruel and arbitrary as to banish
the Lego universal joint to the dustbin of history.  Etc, etc.

Anyone know which sets have the u-joint these days?

John A. Hern Jr.     1900 Millview     Coeur d'Alene, Idaho  83814
mailto:hern@nidlink.com          Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer
Foundry: http://www.nidlink.com/~fouronkey
Greyhounds: http://www.greyhoundpetsinc.org
Personal: http://www.nidlink.com/~hern