 Robotics / 10902
Re: Tri-star wheels [was: Re: [Woefully off topic] Feel the .sig Luke...]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:33:24 GMT

I briefly experimented with a stair-sized tri-star wheel. I discovered it would take
a lot of power and a lot of Legos to make it work (the Tri-wheel radius must be
greater or equal to the height of the stair's riser plus the radius of each tyre and
the vehicle's body length needs to be at least twice the Tri-star wheel radius to
keep it stable and to keep the front and back wheels from interfering with each
other) I didn't completely abandon the idea, but I *did* decide it would be easier
to have two robots, one on each level of my house, rather than one robot which can
climb stairs.

Oh, I guess if you don't *have* back wheels you eliminate the need for a lot of
Legos, but you'll still have to find a way to get enough leverage to climb.

Doug Weathers wrote:

in article 85256896.00771B64.00@aamta02.avid.com, lego-robotics@crynwr.com