 Robotics / 10893
10892  |  10894
Subject:
[Woefully off topic] Feel the .sig Luke...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:38:28 GMT

(Not a flame, troll or even a complaint !)

The Jedi Master wrote:

You can order a replacement IR tower from Lego Shop at Home.

--Jedi Wilcox
(Doug Wilcox)

Support your local Jedi ... order books, videos, and more from Amazon.com
via http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/books.htm

Check out the Wilcox family at http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/wilcox/

Find out what else Jedi Wilcox builds at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/

Jedi Wilcox owns and operates
WordSmith Digital Document Services
30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635
508-897-0847 phone
508-897-0849 fax
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class

Perhaps I am showing my age, but I remember a time whe there was a usenet 'rule'
that you should never make a post where the content is shorter than your .sig
;-).

There was another 'rule' that let you post off-topic if you included an:

Ob-Lego

I'm thinking about how to design a machine that can climb real-live household
stairs - as
well as move about flat surfaces. I've seen designs for robots that can climb
obstacles, but
not as big as a step. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a six wheeled
robot.
Two Y shaped ferris wheel thingys with a wheel at the end of each spoke (two
wheels in
contact with the ground at any one time). When the robot detects a stair or
obstacle, it
could shift its weight and rotate the Y forward. Has anyone seen anything like
this ?

Critically, I think the centre of gravity must be higher than the step for this
to work.

bad ascii art:

1    O         2 O         3  O
     O   ___       O--O       O