 Robotics / 10899
Re: Scout touch sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:40:27 GMT

Mike Burger skrev i meddelandet ...
I notice in the Scout documentation that the color of a touch sensor can be
read, regular, white, red or yellow.  Seems like that could be used to
MUX at least two touch sensors on one input.  Using a 10K in series with
a 5 Kohm resistor.  Put one touch sensor so it can short the 5Kohm resistor
and a second touch sensor so it will short both resistors to ground.
Now triggering the one sensor will cause a sensor event as normal, as if
one of the "colored" touch sensors was being used, but triggering the
other one would add or subtract the 5K ohm resistor and cause the sensor
to "change color".  Anyone fiddled with something like that?

I think these are the same sensors as in the Cybermaster. There is already a
parallell resistor in each of the colored ones, so you can read which one is
connected where. The 'regular' is not in Cybermaster, so I don't know anything
about that one.

If you connect two or more of them to the same port, the resistors are coupled
in parallell, so the resulting resistance is lower. Connect too many to the
same port, and you will have a 'pressed' condition all the time.

If the resistor values are high and different enough, it should still be
possible to see if the one or the other is pushed. I think Erik Brok had/has a
table of the values on his pages (no URL available).

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm