 Robotics / 10904
Re: Scout touch sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:40:48 GMT

Mike Burger wrote:

I notice in the Scout documentation that the color of a touch sensor can be
read, regular, white, red or yellow.  Seems like that could be used to
MUX at least two touch sensors on one input.  Using a 10K in series with
a 5 Kohm resistor.  Put one touch sensor so it can short the 5Kohm resistor
and a second touch sensor so it will short both resistors to ground.
Now triggering the one sensor will cause a sensor event as normal, as if
one of the "colored" touch sensors was being used, but triggering the
other one would add or subtract the 5K ohm resistor and cause the sensor
to "change color".  Anyone fiddled with something like that?

To get what you want, you need something the below link.

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_resistor.html

Dean