 Robotics / 10866
  Anyone using a RCX to find a candle???

Hi , I am entering the robot fire fighting copetition at Trinity college in conn. I plan to attept to use the RCX. Does anyone else plan to try this Maybe we could exchange ideas about it, I have entered three times but using other micros to control (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone using a RCX to find a candle???

(...) Good Luck Mike! The Seattle Robotics Society has a clone of the Trinity contest each year and last year I got interested in entering a mindstorms controller firefighter. I was getting close to a solution but then was overwhelmed with work and (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone using a RCX to find a candle???

(...) Hi Mike this is something I am working on when I have some spare time (it means not so often) and it will be a pleasure for me to share my poor but well confused ideas about a candle seeking RCX truck. Let's start with your project and I will (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone using a RCX to find a candle???

A few months ago I made what I call Fire Extinguisher. Its an RCX-based walker that uses a tail-like steering mechanism. It combines a light sensor to seek out the candle, and pneumatics to put out the flame. To see it go to (URL) the robots link (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)