 Robotics / 10840
Re: Exploration Mars Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:38:40 GMT

On Feb. 25 00, 17:41 PST, "Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote:

I almost bought the Xcam unit (Square one) for the same reason.
But I have the Xcam Anywhere. How do you find the picture quality?

Not bad. It's being used as a pan&tilt webcam at the office. I wish
it could see in low light better though. After seeing the posts
about a "dark image" when running too little power to it, I keep
thinking I should get a variable power supply and see if it would
work better in lower light if I ran more than 12volts through it.

I just received my Xcam2 (Broken) and am waiting for it's replacement.
sigh. It was so blurry you couldn't make anything out. And it's
auto focus.

Did you play with the lens? The lens in the front of mine screws
in and out and you can change the focus that way. If I take it all
the way out, the picture is of course total crap.

---
Chris Osborn                    Full System, Inc.
fozztexx@fullsystem.com         2160 Jefferson St., #240
http://www.fullsystem.com/      Napa, CA 94559
Webhosting that *works* - 99.99% uptime - First 3 months free