 Robotics / 10804
  My RCX's life as a dog or hacking the x10

Folks, Last night I hacked my x10 cam2, attached it to a power block(s) and ran it around the basement with the remote control. My experience was as follows: My six-cell power blocks (akaline or ni-mh) didn't produce much of an image in my basement (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: My RCX's life as a dog or hacking the x10

Michael, Not knowing much about the X10 cam2, I remember my friends taking some small PC cams apart. Once the lens/filter was off, the image was not too great, as the filter was some sort of IR type filter. What they did was mount it on the front (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My RCX's life as a dog or hacking the x10

(...) This was a big surprise to me also. I found my little B&W camera sees the output of the remote control very brightly. Even with the big lens I added to considerably sharpen the picture vs the pinhole "lens". Even remotes with filters on the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)