 Robotics / 10808
Re: My RCX's life as a dog or hacking the x10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 18:57:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Mihalka, Michael" <MihalkaM@marshallcenter.org> writes:

The x10 is extremely sensitive to IR. The remote when pressed produced a
white light more intense than a flashlight

This was a big surprise to me also. I found my little B&W camera sees
the output of the remote control very brightly.  Even with the big lens
I added to considerably sharpen the picture vs the pinhole "lens".  Even
remotes with filters on the front where you can not even detect a dull
orange flashing with your eye, the camera sees as brilliant white pulsing
light.