 Robotics / 1077
1076  |  1078
Subject:
iMac IR drive RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 03:26:25 GMT

I haven't seen mention of this anywhere, but is anyone aware of whether
the iMac can talk directly to the RCX using IR?
Is anyone aware of any reason why it couldn't be made to work?
(i.e. since the lego IR is patent pending, maybe there's a proprietary
protocol in use?)

Sure would be neat.

I can imagine an iMac mounted on the back of several RCXen, scooting
around the floor of my house, moving from A/C outlet to outlet, plugging
in every 15 minutes before the UPS died...

Michael