 Robotics / 10741
10740  |  10742
Subject:
Miniature 6VDC pneumatic solenoid valves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:32:28 GMT

For everyone who wants solenoid operated pneumatic valves, might I draw
your attention to the following products in the McMaster-Carr catalog?

A. 6 VDC miniature electronic-operated pneumatic solenoid valves.  They
cost about US $24 per unit and come in:
- Two way normally open
- Three way normally closed
- Three way normally open
Air connections are threaded for 10-32 connectors.  From what I gather,
the parts about 3/4" diameter and 2-1/2" high.  Details at
http://www.mcmaster.com/cgi/loadpage.cgi?pagenum=377&catnum=106

B. You can get nylon adapter fittings for 10-32 male thread to 1/16" ID
tube (single barb), also from McMaster-Carr at about $2 for a package of
10 fittings.  See
http://www.mcmaster.com/cgi/loadpage.cgi?pagenum=84&catnum=106

C.  The McMaster-Carr catalog also has a wide variety of narrow-bore
polymer tubing at around $0.20 a foot for broken reels.

You can order on-line from McMaster-Carr, and I have always found them
prompt and dependable.

Cheers

JP