 Robotics / 10740
Re: Vision Command System [was: Exploration Mars Camera]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:43:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, izanette@uol.com.br writes:
I have come to the conclusion that that black box seen earlier with the
thick cable is not a camera, and if it is, it will not be included in
the expansion set.

Go to www.legomindstorms.com click em press release in about us box,
and click in Vision Command System. I think that the camera seem in
Exploration Mars Pictures comes from this kit!
This kit is so amazing! They comes with a USB video camera and software to recognize image patterns!

  What is really my grouch is that Macintosh has been using USB for a couple of
years now while the PC side has completely ignored it in favor of the serial and
parallel ports and slow keyboard bus, but this new software will come out for
PC's that don't even have USB ports and will never release on the Macintosh.
There ain't no justice in the world!  I guess that I will rely on Dave Baum's
ability to give us Mac users a way to use our RCX machines!

  At least LEGO listens to most folk, just not Mac folks.  It's something.

play well,
DLC