 Robotics / 10730
  RIS 2.0

Just wanted to let you know that a new RIS is planned for the holiday season this year: Robotics Invention System 2.0 To me it looks like the return of the power plug and the text says USB-transmitter and new RCX Code programming - go to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0

(...) (URL) interesting. Does holiday season mean christmas? Does anyone have an idea when it will appear in Germany? Will the IR be compatible to the old tower? Jürgen (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0

(...) No real hints as to what's changed - but, maybe the current limitations of the RCX will be relieved a bit? I note that its setup to be used with USB instead of a serial port for the IR tower. I wonder if this is finally the prelude to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0

(...) Awesome. Proof that they not only read, but listen. KL (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  SV: RIS 2.0

LEGOs will never be obsolete and judging from the previous upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5, where the only things that changed were the software and the power-plug... (I think), and the pic of the ned RCX 2.0, I don't belive the hardware will change from (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0

(...) From the picture, it does look like the 'bump' on the back of the RCX is gone. It's now smooth from the motor ports to the back of the unit. Maybe it's better at power usage now. I just hope they didn't do anything stupid like make a small (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SV: RIS 2.0

I wish that they would kill the whole IR tower and use the Serial IR ports that are coming with most new computers. Or at least write a driver so you could configure it . That would make both Mac and Pc kids happy... (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SV: RIS 2.0

Hi during a toy fair here in Europe one of the men in the Lego boot explained me the only difference in the RIS 2.0 set will be a new software (the main feature will be the support for USB devices and modified to support the VisionCommand expansion (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)