 Robotics / 10734
SV: RIS 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 19:25:07 GMT

LEGOs will never be obsolete and judging from the previous upgrade from 1.0
to 1.5, where the only things that changed were the software and the
power-plug... (I think), and the pic of the ned RCX 2.0, I don't belive the
hardware will change from RCX 1.5 to 2.0 (besides the reincarnation of the
powerplug, perhaps even firmware).

Dang, I hoped for some more I/O ports... =(

Regards, Thomas

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]På vegne af
Dennis Clark
Sendt: 20. februar 2000 20:03
Til: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Emne: Re: RIS 2.0

In lugnet.robotics, Jesper Kjaer writes:

Robotics Invention System 2.0

To me it looks like the return of the power plug and the
text says USB-transmitter and new RCX Code programming - go
to www.legomindstorms.com and click on the Press
Information in the About Us box. The 'new' RCX brick even
has RCX 2.0 printed on it...

  No real hints as to what's changed - but, maybe the current limitations of
the
RCX will be relieved a bit?  I note that its setup to be used with USB
instead
of a serial port for the IR tower.  I wonder if this is finally the prelude
supporting the Macintosh with RIS?  All the new Macs are USB, not a serial
port
to be found.
  Great, my two RIS systems will soon be obsolete, the price of those that
live
on the bleeding edge...

play well,
DLC