 Robotics / 10687
Re: The Claw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:51:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Michael Lewis writes:

My problem is that I can't find a way to do this with fewer than four motors
(two for the x-y movement, one to lower the claw, and one to close the
pincers>
Thanks,
Michael

Check out my comments a few days ago about making a gearbox that drives
multiple outputs, one at a time, from two motors. With some mechanical work
you can easily drive four outputs (not simultaneously) with two motors. And if
you use two rotation sensors you can keep track of their positions
independently, too.

If you want me to, I can privately email you a sketch. One of the commenters
was kind enough to post it, so you can see it on his site at
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/agerstel/gb1.jpg.

Good luck!

David Paule