 Robotics / 10672
RE: Air Manifolds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:07:52 GMT

Check out the following site for an incredible selection of pneumatic
fittings (designed for the medical industry) that will probably lend
themselves to the development of wonderful pneumatic Lego creations.
http://www.valueplastics.com/

Have fun!
F'amos

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 2:30 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: RE: Air Manifolds

I hope to get out to the local Model shop this weekend to search for
the required .125 OD plastic tube.  I am looking for seven place
manifolds, one in and six out.

The same trick could be used to make small airtanks out of the larger
Lego bricks.

Brilliant - this is why MANY brains are better than one. Of course,
the reason that pressure vessels are usually round is to reduce
stress inside the vessel, but mybe a bit of judiciously applied
MEK adhesive will seal the bricks well enough...

Come to think of it, it wouldn't be hard to make custom weights this
way either....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>