 Robotics / 1064
  Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker

Peter Hesketh wrote in message (...) There has got to be hundreds of little walkers in the desk drawers of every engineering Department of every University. Once you make it in Lego, we can talk clever! (1) You should probably start by beefing up (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker

Take a peek at (the rather crummy, I'm afraid) pictures at (URL) an insect thingy that works a bit like that. It's a bit bulky since it uses universal joints to make the leg rods "bend." Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) However, I'd dispute the (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker

(...) Actually you could use the differential technique discussed before to measure their phase directly, if you're short of sensors (as one is...). stephen (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Hexapod Walker

(...) John Willoughby has made a different version of the same walking technique at (URL) uses only one degree of freedom, but using two motors, one for each side should be easy. Perhaps this construction is more rigid? Fredrik (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)