 Robotics / 10469
  Re: Legos get you into college

(...) IMHO The skills you are refering to are NOT tested in any way on a standardized test. As a matter of fact a big part of the problem with education has to do with the amount of time students spend working on irrelevant skills. When was the last (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Legos get you into college (off topic)

We really should move this to off topic. (...) I agree, standardized tests are a poor indicator of actual "brainpower" at best. However, the system as it exists is based on them. It's kinda a compromise, but you have to perform well on them to be (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)