 Robotics / 10459
  Basement water alarm

Hi everyone, I made my first practical Mindstorms invention a couple of weeks ago. It's a water sensor for my basement. There's a water pump on the side of my furnace that takes condensed water and spits it out the back of my house. In very cold (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Basement water alarm

Brian B. Alano writes: > > > 2. The RCX clock seems to lose time, roughly > > (very roughly) a half hour per week. Anyone > > else noticed this? > > > > > PC clocks tend to lose time as well. 10 minutes a day isn't unheard of. > 1/2 hour per week is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Basement water alarm

Do you mean that my alarm clock follows the 60 Hz carrier? That confuses me-- I once programmed my Timex/Sinclair Z80 to be a clock based on the power line carrier. It kept terrible time. I assumed it was because of the inaccuracy of the carrier. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Basement water alarm

(...) I'd think it has an accurate crystal oscillator. (...) No, the frame counter in the ZX80/81/Spectrum (if yours is a ZX80 rather than 81, I'd like to buy it, BTW) simply counts the TV frames it produces. Those, in turn, would be about 60Hz in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)