 Robotics / 10463
Re: Basement water alarm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:22:35 GMT

Do you mean that my alarm clock follows the 60 Hz carrier? That confuses me--

I once programmed my Timex/Sinclair Z80 to be a clock based on the power line
carrier. It kept terrible time. I assumed it was because of the inaccuracy of
the carrier.

"Alan G. Smith" wrote:

Assuming you're not being rhetorical, it has to do with the 60 Hz carrier
through your power lines.
From: Brian B. Alano <alano@kiva.net>

2. The RCX clock seems to lose time, roughly
   (very roughly) a half hour per week. Anyone
   else noticed this?

PC clocks tend to lose time as well. 10 minutes a day isn't unheard of.
1/2 hour per week is better than I expected: 99.7% accurate. On the
other hand, my $15 alarm clock keeps good time. Why the difference?

You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you
listen to their cry  --Psalms 10:17