 Robotics / 10209
    Backlash —Andy Gombos
   Okay, if I understand backlash correctly, then if you use pulleys and belts, then that should be taken away, or at least reduced. Am I correct? If I am right, then it may be possible to make a robot that really knows where it is. :-) Andy (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Backlash —Daniel A. Segel
   (...) Pulleys and belts have their own form of backlash that is induced by the stretching and slipping of the belt. At least with gears the backlash is a constant that could be accounted for. With belt-drive you'd never know exactly how much of a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)