 Robotics / 10059
Re: A new sensor idea (perhaps)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 02:33:27 GMT

Well, about the metal detecion, ive some small metal detectors. the
shape of them is a threaded  cylinder they vary from about 1cm in
diameter to 0.5 cm. The range in length from 4-6cm.  Im not exactly sure
how they work, but i know how to use them. They have three leads, +,
ground and switch.  The problem is they take 18v. Im not sure if they'll
work on 9 but i think they will.  I got them from a friend, there from
the process control business, i think they are about $50 each.  I could
be wrong though.  Im just not sure how they're hooked up.  They're made
by balmer electric.  Hope this helps.