 Publishing / Photography / 285
Re: good camera to get?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I just got AU$250 in birthday money so I am now in a position to buy a
usable digital camera (what I have is no good for lego since it doesnt have
a macro mode).
So, I want to know what camera to buy with my AU$250 (plus some of my own
money).

Any suggestions?

I bought the Cannon Power Shot A60. Its a 2 Mega pixel camera with optical and
digital zoom, macro setting, panoramic "stitching" as well as it takes AVi
movies with sound.  It also is being reduced in price now that the new models
are out.  In Canada it went from $380 to $300.

The camera won several awards and was consumer reports best pick for a first
time digital camera buyer.  It also uses Compact Flash and AA batteries.
(Features I was looking for)

The only drawback I found is red eye can be problematic but easily fixed with
software.  Here are some pics I took with the camera although I resized them for
ease of upload.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Trainshed/trainshed06.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/Trains/Locomotives/8wide/8wide01.jpg

Mike