 Publishing / Photography / 212
    Re: taking good photos —Bram Lambrecht
   (...) This really depends on the camera. Mine, for example, has a focus range of 2.0 cm to infinity, and a manual focus if the auto focus isn't doing its job. Also, in order to get a greater depth of field, you should reduce the aperture (increase (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: taking good photos —Chris Phillips
     (...) I agree, reducing the image size should always result in a sharper image, where cropping will not change the sharpness. I more meant that one reason I find myself getting too close to the subject is that I am trying to frame the shot to (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

         Re: taking good photos —John R. Beck
     Thanks to all for your input! I can't retake my earlier photos of my capital ship but future posts should look alot better. I didn't anything about photography before this. Thanks again :-) (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: taking good photos —David Laswell
   (...) I don't know exactly how much mine is, but it's somewhere close to 3 inches. Either way, the camera usually obstructs enough of the light to prevent the autofocus from kicking in well before the camera gets too close to focus. (...) Alright, (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)

        Re: taking good photos —Todd Lehman
   (...) I think that's changing. I've seen explicit aperture settings on $400 consumer-grade digital cameras. (...) Every digital camera has the capability to do multiple apertures -- the trick is coaxing the camera into doing what you want if there (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.publish.photography)