 Publishing / Photography / 175
Re: need camera advice.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:30:42 GMT

Now, wait a minute.  Not everybody can get $400 cameras for Christmas, and
not everybody can afford to spend an extra $200 or $300,

The camera costs about $100, but the  reviews I found are great, they say
that it's 'good for it's price.'

1.3 megapixels and an LCD screen and a Digital zoom isn't to bad for that
price, and it's certanly better then nothing.

You can find the manual online:
http://www.concordcam.com/support/downloads/inst_manual/duo_1300/duo_1300_eng.pdf

The focus is 1.3 meters to infinity, so you won't get any good close-ups.  I
would take a picture at 1280X860 resolution image at a respectable distance,
then crop out the model on the computor.  This will allow you to get a
resonable close-up, though not really that close.

Also, play around with lighting.  Bright pictures always are better then
dark pictures.

Just play around with the camera!

-JHK

In lugnet.publish.photography, Sid Mark Dinsay writes:
In lugnet.publish.photography, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I just got a new digital camera for XMAS.
Its a Concord EYEQ Duo LCD.
It says its 1.3 megapixels, 2x digital zoom, 9.9mm f/3.2 It doesnt have an
optical zoom on it at all.
Has anyone used this camera before, does anyone have any advice on using it
to photograph lego creations?

Jonathan: Honestly dude?  Return it... trade up to at least a 3.3, otherwise
you probably won't be happy with the quality.  3.3's are going for like $299
now and usually come with 2x optical zzom, and at least 6x digital xoom.  I
have a Sony, but I think Canon and Kodak make models that aren't that expensive.

You can get some idea of the quality of these pics on my Brickshelf page...
All you need is good lighting -- the best lighting of course being broad
daylight!  :-)

Hope his helps... and if you do return it, just tell the person who gave it
to you that the sales clerk should have known better than to sell them a
floppy disk when they could have sold them a CD-RW!  :-D

onedaycnn (sid)
http://onedaycnn.freeservers.com