 Publishing / HTML / 452 (-10)
  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Very nice! My only complaint is that all the black is gone, leaving the page with too much white space. But everything else is great. Marc Nelson Jr. (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Well I know that there are some goof balls who take the time to use MichLUG.org's contact form to spam us MichLUGers. So if someone is willing to waste their time on that I can only assume the same would be true of a much larger site like (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Orion, do you have any basis for making a blanket statement such as your first sentence? I'm not trying to defend or condemn anybody, but that's bad logic to just say "trust me.." and not give any reason. Your next sentence provides a reason, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I've been thinking about this for a while myself. It's a great way to stimulate both creativity and lateral thinking! May I suggest "Tricky Bricks Incorporated" and propose the small rubber band holder as the first contender: (URL) should be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Todd, et al: Here is a quick and dirty idea for a new home page. I cobbled it together in photoshop. It is relativly unpopulated and it not very space-optimized. But I hope you get the idea: (URL) idea is the left column is Lugnet-specific stuff, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) I'd rather see the link directory be well architected than reflect majority opinion. This would require a few thoughtful, knowledgeable, and fair people to give a little bit of time to maintaining it. This isn't voting on major policy here, we (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) In the clear cases, there is no argue that they could get as good results as few admins. In the 'grey' cases, the voting of more people can make the result to represent the majority opinion, which may not be the case of few admins. (...) It (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Our company decided that all of the webhosters are too restrictive, so we went the serverhosting way, where man can have lots of freedom without any additional payments. RH Enterprise + 700gbs of traffic monthly for relatively low price. I can (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) From a technical point of view, nothing at all. And maybe Pair would be cool about it, I dunno. ISPs like to charge for stuff like that, is all. Hopefully, we'll eventually have an arrangement which gives us more control. (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) ? I'm for moderation. But _everybody_ would be one. You'd vote for 'offtopic', I'd vote for 'offtopic', somebody else would do so... and voila, link is removed. The only problem remains in setting the good rules with good weights. (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact