 Publishing / HTML / 443
Re: New homepage for LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:22:41 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:
I still think that crowd may have 'better' {and definitely faster}
decisions than few chosen ones. I think that total offtopic links would
be killed soon, in few tries. And the ones in 'grey' zone - let people
choose.

Trust me, the above statement is completly false.  I think moderation is
neccessary to avoid the link page from being overrun with ads for "free"
medication and "foolproof" get rich quick schemes (among other things).

? I'm for moderation. But _everybody_ would be one. You'd vote for
'offtopic', I'd vote for 'offtopic', somebody else would do so... and
voila, link is removed. The only problem remains in setting the good
rules with good weights.

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.