 Publishing / HTML / 299
Re: Disabling HTML form button if any changes made to an edit box?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.publish.html, Dan Boger wrote:
Quoting "Brian H. Nielsen" <70401.2635@compuserve.com>:

   You don't even need the CRC.  Do what you said on the message edit page
about
combining post & preview so that there is only preview, but then on the
Message
Preview page remove the whole lower section containing the message edit
box,
preview and post buttons.  If the user sees something they need to change
they
should use their browser's Back button.  I do it all the time in IE.

while that's workable, I like being able to edit while seeing the end result
that caused my edit.  Meaning if I'm trying to change some formatting, I
wouldn't want to have to hit back, to make the changes, because by then, I could
forget exactly all the places I needed to change, or exactly how I wanted to.

   That makes sense.  You still don't need the CRC, even if you keep the message
edit section on the Message Preview page.  In the bottom messge edit section
just do the same thing as suggested for the message edit page - combine the post
& preview buttons so that there is only preview.

   Now the only place that the post button appears in in the top half of the
Message Preview page.  If the message in the bottom section is edited it still
has to be previewed.

Brian H. Nielsen